WHO WE ARE
The Ministry of Sustainability and Climate Resiliency (SCR) is the Data Controller for the DIY Energy Efficiency Audit Awareness Campaign. This privacy notice explains how we use personal data we collect when you choose to participate in the initiative. Any questions regarding this notice and our privacy practices should be sent by email to email@example.com.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT AND WHY WE COLLECT IT
The personal data we will collect from submissions on the DIY Energy Efficiency Audit Awareness Campaign includes:
- Full Name
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- Energy consumption on last electricity bill
- Floor area of home/unit
- Number of occupants in the home/unit
- If you own or rent your home/unit
- Which energy audit you completed. Home, or Business
- Your thoughts on which action you think would help you to reduce energy
- Insulate attic
- Seal windows and doors
- Changes to personal energy habits
- Upgrade water heater
- Switch to LED lights
- Unplug second fridge/freezer
- To give away prizes to participants in a random selection
- To gain insight on the energy retrofit needs of residents
- To run future public awareness campaigns on energy efficiency
The information you provide about your energy audit will be stored and processed
separately from your name and contact details. Your name and contact details will be
used for our prize draw and not kept for longer than is necessary. Your email address is
also required to limit submissions to one per email address and will be used to send you
notifications about your entry. Energy audit data will be aggregated and anonymised.
This means the information you provide about your energy audit will not traced back to
you or used in any way that is able to identify you.
WHAT INFORMATION WILL BE VISIBLE ON THE WEBSITE
- Should you win a prize, you will have the option to have your photo taken and shared on the website and our social media pages @energycayman
ADDITIONAL DATA WE ARE LIKELY TO COLLECT
- We will collect social media handles if you would like to be tagged in posts.
WHO ARE OUR DATA PROCESSORS?
- Netclues will provide necessary support for this programme, hosting our website and online form for entries. Your name and details may also be shared with the sponsor of the prize you won to notify them that you will be collecting your prize.
WHAT ARE YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS?
We want to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every individual who participants in the SCR DIY Energy Efficiency Audit Awareness Campaign is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data and other information related to our processing.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate, including to ensure it is complete or up to date.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to stop or restrict processing – You have the right to request that we stop or restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to complain – You have the right to complain to us or the Ombudsman if you believe we are processing your personal data in a way that breaches the Data Protection Act.
You can submit any questions or complaints to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Information about the Cayman Islands Data Protection Act, including how to complain to the Ombudsman, is available on this website.
You can also request data removal via the form on our Data Removal Request page.